Shadab Khan reveal reason behind not accepting contract of BBL

 

Pakistani all-rounder Shadab Khan has decided to part ways with his Big Bash League (BBL) contract to prioritise four-day cricket in a bid to enhance his bowling skills and make a comeback into the Test team.

Read also,Abrar Ahmed ruled out of Perth Test

While talking to a local media channel, Shadab explained his decision of letting go the Big Bash League contract this year.


"The purpose behind leaving the Big Bash contract is to first improve my bowling by playing four-day cricket, and secondly, to perform well and make a comeback into the Test team," Shadab said.

"I didn't leave the Big Bash contract because of playing national T20; rather, my focus was more on playing four-day cricket. Because I felt that I needed improvement in my bowling, and that would come through playing four-day cricket," he further added.

"I have tried to invest in myself to play four-day cricket and improve my bowling. If my bowling improves, and along with that, if my batting also improves, it will be beneficial for the Pakistan team," Shadab explained.

Shadab has mentioned that he views participating in four-day cricket as an opportunity to invest in his abilities and make a tactical decision, aligning his objectives with the upcoming World Cup.