Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Virat Kohli break the record of most ODI Centuries


Virat Kohli breaks Most ODI Centuries Record of Sachin Tendulkar

Kohli’s 117 against the Black Caps was his 50th ODI century, surpassing Sachin Tendulkar’s record in the format at the home ground of the Indian legend.

Read also, PCB has changed the captains ,director and will change the coaching staff


And Kohli’s efforts also saw him become the highest-scoring batter at a single Men’s Cricket World Cup with 701 runs so far, once again bettering Tendulkar, who was the previous record holder with 673 runs in 2003.

Five of Kohli’s 50 ODI centuries have come at cricket world cups, while three has been notched at this world cup after, he reached triple figure against Bangladesh, South Africa and New Zealand.

 The record century drew a number of reactions from around the cricketing world.

Leading the tributes was none other than Sachin Tendulkar, The cricketing legend stated that ‘‘ The first time I met you in the dressing room, you were pranked by other teammates into touching my feet. I couldn’t stop laughing that day. But soon, you touched my heart with your passion and skill.

‘‘I am so happy that young boy has grown into a ‘Virat’ player. I couldn’t be happier that an Indian broke my record. And do it on the biggest stage-in the world cup semi-final and at my home ground is the icing on the cake.’’








Post a Comment

0 Comments