Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Babar Azam at pre-match press conference

 

Pakistan Captain Babar Azam has revealed his side’s plan for the match against England during the pre - match press conference on Friday.




‘‘Anything can happen in cricket. We will try to finish the tournament on a high note.’’

‘‘We have a plan for net run-rate and will try to execute it. We have planned about how to play first 10 overs and what to do after that. I f, Fakhar Zaman plays for 20,30 overs, we can achieve what’s required.’’
‘‘The role of Iftikhar and Rizwan will also be important during the match.’’
They also talked about former cricketers who have criticized his performance and captaincy during the mega event.’’

‘‘There is no pressure on me. I was performing and leading the side from past three years. It is easy to say things on while sitting on TV. People who want to advise me can contact me on my Number.’’
Azam also opened up the role played by the conditions in India on his performance during the World Cup.

“I bat in accordance with the situation of the match. Sometimes conditions don’t allow us to play freely. Every venue has different conditions in India. We are touring India for the first time and didn’t know much about the conditions. I admit that I have not been able to performance in line with expectations.”

Babar refused to blame anyone and instead said that the team couldn’t deliver as a unit.
You cannot say that it is the fault of bowling, fielding, or batting. As a team we could not execute. We cannot say that we got so many runs in bowling or lost runs in fielding. As a team we did not execute the plan or play as per the demand – that includes bowling, batting, and fielding.” he further added.

 

"I have seen that the margin of error is very low here because when you give even a little room to any team, they take the match from you. This is the speciality of the World Cup. It's a high-intensity game. You have a match against every team, so they are high-intensity games. So, I think the whole team should learn from the mistakes.” he said.

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments